We reserve special times for those patients with emergency needs, and you will be seen as quickly as possible.
We will send you a written reminder when it is time to return. When you receive this notice, please telephone promptly to make an appointment.
We see all patients on an appointment basis, and ask that you call in advance so that we may reserve time for you. The office phone number is 281-280-9090.
A dental crown is a tooth-shaped “cap” that is placed over a tooth — to cover the tooth to restore its shape and size, strength, and improve its appearance.
The crowns, when cemented into place, fully encase the entire visible portion of a tooth that lies at and above the gum line.
Why Is a Dental Crown Needed?
A dental crown may be needed in the following situations:
- To protect a weak tooth (for instance, from decay) from breaking or to hold together parts of a cracked tooth
- To restore an already broken tooth or a tooth that has been severely worn down
- To cover and support a tooth with a large filling when there isn’t a lot of tooth left
- To hold a dental bridge in place
- To cover misshaped or severely discolored teeth
- To cover a dental implant
- To make a cosmetic modification
For children, a crown may be used on primary (baby) teeth in order to:
- Save a tooth that has been so damaged by decay that it can’t support a filling.
- Protect the teeth of a child at high risk for tooth decay, especially when a child has difficulty keeping up with daily oral hygiene.
- Decrease the frequency of general anesthesia for children unable because of age, behavior, or medical history to fully cooperate with the requirements of proper dental care.
In such cases, a dentist is likely to recommend a stainless steel crown.
Call: (281) 280-9090
2508 Bay Area Boulevard Suite 200 Houston, Texas 77058
Monday-Thursday 8am-5pm ⋅ Friday 8am-12pm